Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Taking notes....

Say what? Say what? Say what?

Ya ya ya....I'm studying. Well actually, taking notes from a text book I bought in January. I've held it off a little too long but I guess late is better than never. The text book is called 'Baking and Pastry - Mastering the Art and Craft' from The Culinary Institute of America. It was recommended to me by a pastry chef who teaches at the college.

I've spoken to many chefs who have told me that I do not necessarily need to take the professional courses to become a successful pastry chef. What I need is concrete experience in the kitchen. Makes sense...ya! However, I wanted to compliment my concrete experiences by learning some theory at the same time. I think it will make me feel more confident to have additional knowledge. I need that - confidence and additional knowledge!

After this text book, I have another one that I will attack. Oh man...




3 comments:

  1. I don't know where you find the time to read with your schedule Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yawn yawn, omg this post was soooo boring... smd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok...I'm stuck on chapter one.

    ReplyDelete